Welcome to Wikipedia!
Hello BramvR, welcome to Wikipedia!
Here are some tips:
- Read the Tutorial, How to edit a page and the Manual of Style.
- Create a User page.
- Sign your posts on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~).
- Read the Policies and guidelines.
- Add yourself to the New user log.
- Ask questions at the Village pump or Help desk.
- Be bold!
- Use the Show preview button
- Provide an Edit summary.
If you feel a change is needed, feel free to make it yourself! Wikipedia is a wiki, so anyone (yourself included) can edit any article by following the Edit this page link. Wikipedia convention is to be bold and not be afraid of making mistakes. If you're not sure how editing works, have a look at How to edit a page, or try out the Sandbox to test your editing skills.
If, for some reason, you are unable to fix a problem yourself, feel free to ask someone else to do it. Wikipedia has a vibrant community of contributors who have a wide range of skills and specialties, and many of them would be glad to help. As well as the wiki community pages there are IRC Channels, where you are more than welcome to ask for assistance.
eerste nl.wikimedia.org ontmoeting
ik zou iedereen graag willen uitnodigen te overwegen of zij een rol willen en/of kunnen spelen in de oprichting van een nederlandse wikimedia-organisatie. een eerste ontmoeting wordt momenteel georganiseerd, zie daarvoor hier, op de nl.wikimedia.org wiki. er zijn nog vele stappen te nemen, en meer wikianen nodig, om e.e.a. op verantwoorde wijze verder te ontwikkelen. Radiant_>|< 10:49, Jun 24, 2005 (UTC)
Bram - I noticed your article on Sewage Treatment. It would probably much better if you could merge your article with the long established article Sewage treatment which has had wide ranging input from a number of experts in the field. Having two articles called almost the same thing is confusing !. Thanks Velela 14:09, 1 August 2005 (UTC)
VWN en WCN
Beste allemaal Al enige tijd is er een Nederlandstalig chapter in oprichting, te vinden op http://nl.wikimedia.org . Dit wordt de Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland (VWN). Je kunt je interesse om lid te worden van deze vereniging hier aangeven.
Deze vereniging gaat eind augustus/begin september een Wikimedia Conferentie in Nederland (WCN) houden, volgend op Wikimania in Boston, gedeeltelijk erop inspelend middels een aantal discussiegroepen. Om iets dergelijks te organiseren is imput erg gewenst. Dus als je wilt meehelpen, of als je interesse hebt om bij een dergelijk evenement aanwezig te zijn, geef dat dan aan op nl.wikimedia. Ik hoop daar snel je imput tegemoet te zien! Met vriendelijke groet, Effeietsanders 25 feb 2006 12:27 (CET)
Please try to be a bit more careful when reverting vandalism. Here entire sections of the article got lost, and this doesn't look at all like an exact revert, too. regards, High on a tree 20:50, 6 June 2006 (UTC)
Dear High on a Tree,
In the emoticon article I tried to revert an edit which was made by an anonimous which reads for nearly two pages A4: o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o and so on. I personnaly don't think that entire sections are lost when you are removing this edit.
The second example was a "wipe-out" (in my opinion: a complete delition of the text in an article) of the lemma Weird Al Yankovich (see the history of the article), I just put the version before the "wipe-out" back, which was a revert made by Tawkerbot2.
Regards, BramvR 10:58, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
- Hi BramvR, thanks for replying.
- I personnaly don't think that entire sections are lost when you are removing this edit. - The point is that there were several important sections that you didn't restore and which therefore were missing in the weeks after your edit. You did not revert to the precise version before the vandalism, as this diff proves.
- I just put the version before the "wipe-out" back, which was a revert made by Tawkerbot2. - no you did not, see this diff, which shows huge differences between the revision of 05:44, 20 May 2006 by Tawkerbot2 and the revision of 11:58, 21 May 2006 by BramvR.
- I can't tell why this happened even though your edits were intended to be exact reverts. Perhaps it was a technical problem with your browser, but in any case I suggest you read Help:Reverting closely to this kind of damage in the future.
- regards, High on a tree 22:19, 23 July 2006 (UTC)